Jobs Available at FLLS
There are currently no job openings at FLLS.
The Board of Trustees of the Waverly Free Library seeks a qualified candidate to assume the duties of the Library Director.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading all facets of the library operations.
- (i.e.) Purchasing, purging, budget management, community & patron relations.
- Provide leadership and guidance for staff.
- (i.e.) Scheduling, evaluating, day to day problem solving and providing guidance.
- 30-40 hours per week.
Experience and Education:
- Four year degree in Library Science and two years of library work experience preferred. Other related four year degree with two years of related experience will be considered. Two year degree with appropriate related experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of contemporary library services, programs, policies and procedures is essential.
The Waverly Free Library, located in Waverly, New York, offers a very pleasant work environment where an individual with personal initiative will thrive. The Waverly Free Library is an Association Library and is part of the Finger Lakes Library System. We offer a competitive salary along with paid vacation and sick time but no medical benefits. This job is not subject to Civil Service Law.
Please send cover letter and resume to Waverly Free Library, PO Box 903 , Waverly, NY 14892. Resumes/applications will be accepted through December 20, 2013.
Please visit our website at www.flls.org/memberpages/waverly.htm
The Waverly Free Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dates of Posting:
November 20, 2013 – January 6, 2014
Upcoming vacancy for a full-time, probationary, secondary school librarian to run our library/media center. The school librarian teaches lessons; interacts and assists students and staff with accessing information and utilizing resources; and serves as manager of the library/media center. We are seeking an effective and creative educator with strong technology skills.
NYS Certification as a Library Media Specialist
Please complete the “Teacher or Administrator Application” (available on our school website) and return along with copy of certification, transcripts and letters of reference by January 6, 2014.
Office of Human Resources
Newfield Central School District
247 Main Street
Newfield, New York 14867
Applications Available At:
The Edith B. Ford Memorial Library in Ovid is seeking a dynamic, community-minded full-time (30 hours/week with benefits) Librarian for our small, extremely active rural library.
The Librarian works under direct supervision of the Library Director and works effectively and independently to engage in collection development, grant writing, supervision of volunteers and the development and implementation of youth, teen and adult programs.
The Librarian must possess:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to provide exemplary customer service
- experience in grant writing and grant reporting
- creativity in program development
- knowledge of library trends
- technological savvy
- the ability to train and supervise volunteers
- frequent lifting and some physical activity required
- scheduling flexibility
- willingness to establish best practices for collection development and ongoing collection assessment
- MLS preferred, but not required