Jobs Available at FLLS
The Finger Lakes Library System, located at 1300 Dryden Rd. in Ithaca, NY is seeking a Technology Training Coordinator. FLLS serves 33 member libraries in the surrounding 5 counties.
Application Deadline: May 22nd, 2015.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to: Rex Helwig, email@example.com No phone calls please.
Finger Lakes Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary: Provides Integrated Library System (ILS) technical support, ILS & Personal Computer (PC) training, assist member libraries with their ILS reports, create and maintains ILS documentation. Provide backup to the other Computer Network Services personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the CNS Manager
- Provide technical support for all member library and System staff.
- Assess training needs for member library and System staff.
- Create a training curriculum based on needs assessment.
- Execute training curriculum and maintain a database of training and attendees.
- Train member library and System staff in the use of the ILS circulation management software and applicable productivity software. Issue Continuing Education (CE) certificates to training participants.
- Assist with maintenance of ILS database.
- Design and generate reports using the current/applicable report generation software including but not limited to daily notice production.
- Maintain, manage and schedule the Trainer’s Toolbox computer lab.
- Travel in the System’s five county area required.
- Act as recording secretary for meetings chaired by the CNS Manager.
- Additional duties when assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in a one on one or group environment.
- Knowledge of libraries and library procedures desired.
- Knowledge of Integrated Library System software desirable, Polaris Library Systems ILS preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with current FLLS supported software (current Microsoft Operating Systems, Office, Camtasia, Remote Desktop, various Web browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or 5 years computer and software support in a library environment.
- New York State Driver’s License
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week). Some weekend and evenings may be required.
Specific schedule decided by supervisor.
Salary and Benefits – Starting salary $16.00 -$18.50 per hour based on experience. Benefits include New York State Retirement, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.