Jobs Available at FLLS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for processing materials returned by member libraries in the delivery.
Reports to: Reference & Interlibrary Loan Coordinator.
- Unpack delivery bags and sort materials for distribution to different departments and member libraries
- Sort, check-in, and shelve FLLS materials as needed.
- Maintain the general appearance of the shelving area.
- Assist consultants with special projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accurate sorting skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Comfortable with computers.
- Familiarity with public libraries and the Dewey Decimal classification system is preferred.
- Involves some moderate (50 lbs) lifting of books and boxes of books.
HOURS: Part-time, 10 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the hours of 2:30 – 5:30 PM. Specific schedule to be determined with supervisor.
PAY RATE: $10.22/ hour to increase to $10.72 upon successful completion of Probationary period.
This position is covered by the bargaining unit.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references by January 7, 2015 to:
Linda Beins @ email@example.com
Seymour Public Library District in Auburn, NY has an opening for a part-time Librarian I – Adult Services position. Seymour Library values excellent customer service as well as innovation in services and programs. As the Adult Services Librarian, you are responsible for maintaining the Adult Fiction collection (in multiple formats), provide reader’s advisory training for staff, plan programs, lead classes and workshops, and work with community groups.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience, training, or interest in any of the following: reader’s advisory, social media or community engagement. The successful candidate will also be required to pass a civil service examination.
Candidates should genuinely like people, appreciate working with a diverse population, and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Salary Range: $19.00 – $26.50 per hour
Hours: 25-30 hours per week; must be available to work evening as well as weekend hours.
- Master’s degree in library science (MLS) from a program that is accredited by the American Library Association or recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted education practices.
- Eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate at the time of application; possession of certificate at the time of appointment.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to:Lisa Carr, Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Librarian Opening” in the subject line.